Patrick will be starring in the Last Cyclist at the West End Theater this May - June. Click here for info

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rainy Fall Days but still motivated



It's a chilly rainy fall. And I don't really mind. Something about this weather sits right with me. So i'm just enjoying not sweating during the day, or at night, warm cups of coffee, and I supposed it's the weather...but I'm inspired to write more. So it's back to the tablet I've gone scribbling away and fleshing out ideas that have been rattling around in my head for far too long.

I have started auditioning again, it's amazing how that never ends. Show just ended? who cares...back into the auditioning/submitting game again. Managed to get an audition with the York Shakespeare Co. A company I've been wanting to work with for a while. A few friends have worked with them and based on their experiences and the reputation
of the company? Yeah I want to walk their floorboards. So if you're reading this SD, I'm waiting for a call.

Or email. I'm easy.

So auditioning, tiring, but I get so angry at myself when I don't audition. Along with looking up auditions. I feel like I've wasted a day if I don't do at leas
t one thing in support of my career. Sure time can be taken off, but I just get so annoyed. Like it's another missed opportunity. Crazy, I know. But it helps to keep me motivated.

I also got postcards. Finally. Why I never had these before I do not know. Here is a mock up of what they look like:

Something like that. Reproductions. Didn't do too bad of a job. And I'm going to force myself to stay on top of these and send them out often to everyone I meet with. (WB already sent) Now my only issue...Is with Reproductions themselves. I love them. I do. We all use them. For sake of ease I used the online ordering option. Very easy to use. BUT I never got an email saying they were ready for review at reproductions. So I wait a few days, email them, and I get a snarky email back from their cust. service. Not actually answering my question, they just repeated what I ordered and prefaced it all with...as you can see you ordered.....

Thanks for treating me like an idiot. Whatever. I went in, they were great. I checked the spelling over and over again because my name is easy to mess up. Even for me. But in the end Success! I'm hoping the postcard follow up is something that truly will help. Any little thing we can do, right?

And this week I picked up two more web design clients. Nothing too crazy, just some adjustments to existing websites and some consultations. I can do that. So I'm keeping myself busy, that's for sure. Haha.

And now I'm off to go over lines for a radio show I'm voicing. I'll get some samples as soon as I can. should be interesting.

And thus ends this meandering entry. Hope you made it through to the end. Pretty directionless.

No comments:

Post a Comment