Patrick will be starring in the Last Cyclist at the West End Theater this May - June. Click here for info

Friday, January 14, 2011

Starting Things off Right and other New Years Sounding things

So I've officially neglected my poor little blog here over the past few weeks.  The new year is off to a crazy start, so I've been a little distracted.  As all you people whom I follow know, I just now finished reading all the posts I've missed over the past few weeks.  But now I know all about your lives.  Soo...here is mine.

2011 has been amazing. I don't really go for resolutions.  I prefer to make afirmations? State "I'm going to do this, or that will happen."  I also believe in the power of writing things down.  Makes it feel more important if you write down, "I'm going to land a commercial agent."  Its there. Looming at you.  Taunting you.  Forcing you to mail out those lovely little packages.  And off they go!

So I have my personal list, one of which is repeated every year.  Basically, I will build off what I've done this year and step up from there to the next level.  Well...I think I've already done so.

First off, 2011...I'm booked through May.  Yeah...sounds good, right?  Probably make room for some small projects here and there, like that skills reel...damn you time stop slipping away from me!!!  But I'm booked for almost half the year.  Currently, thanks to my "friendanager" Samantha Mason I landed a role in a new piece at Theater for the New City.  Damn spiffy credit.  And not much of a time suck either.  I'm on stage for 15 minutes.  I timed it.  It's great, in and out.  It's about waiters.  So most of us can related to the dialogue.  And so this is my month of January.  In a basement decorated like a bar at TNC.  I don't mind.  It's fun so far.  We opened last night and will run through the month's end.  If you get a chance, come check it out..Age Out is the name of the show. INFO!!!!

After that, as I think I've written before, I head into rehearsals with the American Globe!  Woohoo.  Playing Macduff and Duncan in..you guessed it..Macbeth.  I get to chop of the bastard's head.  Who wouldn't want that?  I'm itching to get to our first readthrough/rehearsal/orientation next Saturday.  You can bet I'll be telling you how it went.  I freakin' love Shakespeare.  I really do.  And the man's been good to me.  I can't think of a better way to spend 3 months this spring.

Speaking of Shakespeare...send some good vibes my way this weekend.  After the MTA trying its hardest to make me miss my audition for Virginia Shakes yesterday....CALLBACK!  For Guildenstern.  Seriously, better and better as the year unfolds.  Sunday I have an audition for Texas Shakes, so just roll over those good vibes, k? Thanks.

Last huge thing..I'm not officially hovering around all three unions.  I've been EMC for quite a while with Equity.  Which suits me just fine.  This time of year it's slow for stage.  Most things are cast...(see my year through May)  At the end of last year I joined AFTRA thanks to a project I was in going union.  Gotta love that.  And this past Wednesday...remember that whole thing about waivers for sag and all that good stuff?

Number 3 in the can!  That's right.  I'm now SAG-Eligible.  Not 100% yet, the paperwork is being filled out now.  But this past wednesday I earned my last one.  Being an over the top studio audience member for a web series.  Thank you Webseries.  Thank you!  So what's that mean for me?  I can join SAG.  Whenever I want.  And it means that I can now submit to everything and anything.  SAG and NON-SAG.  Cause I can basically join if need be.  So rock on!  Happy 2011..I see good things for not only me, but all my friends.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like it's a fantastic year for you so far! continue on with all your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete