Patrick will be starring in the Last Cyclist at the West End Theater this May - June. Click here for info

Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars 2013

In honor of the 2013 Oscars I thought I'd share a pic of myself holding one from a few years ago.

I like to point out a few things.
1. How natural it looks in my hand. (for all you academy members out there)

2. The SNL shirt clearly a harbinger of things to come.

3. Where is my beard and why is my hair so long.

4. I don't think I can pull off the t-shirt over a sweater look.

5. I think I'm threatening Oscar with my left hand for some reason. Clearly he asked for it.

  Whether you watched or not, whether you agreed with the out come or not, whether you enjoyed it or not, you cannot deny there was literally a powerhouse of talent in the theater last night.  I took away this thought:

There was no real clear "winner." And by winner I mean that not 1 film dominated the categories. I feel like it was pretty spread out across the board. And a lot of predicted winners didn't win. Like Brave over Wreck-it-Ralph. And Argo over Les Mis....ok that's a joke.  It was just nice to see it spread across the board and not just dumped on the year's big budget film.

And those are my thoughts.

I welcome others. I've been enjoying today's post Oscar discussions all over the web. From bashing/defending MacFarlane to the celebration of music in film/not enough celebration of music in film. (Apparently what this year's theme was supposed to be.)

I will end this with YAY ARGO!

No comments:

Post a Comment