Patrick will be starring in the Last Cyclist at the West End Theater this May - June. Click here for info

Friday, March 20, 2009

SAG Waiver #2

So good news campers!!

Last week I was called in to do some extra work on the upcoming series, The Unusuals.  Its being filmed at Brooklyn's navy yards turned film studio...
Thats right.  Steiner Studios.

SO i travelled to Brooklyn this past monday for background work.  Work which i was called in specifically for.  I got the call on Friday which was a garaunteed SAG Waiver.  A waiver, or voucher, means that for the day a non-union actor is treated like a union member for a number of reasons.  After doing this 3 times you can become a member of the union.  My hair..i think.  So simple.  I was being called in, not really for extra work, but to have my mug shot taken.  I'm going to be a picture in a book that some female victim is looking through.  

My big break eh?

So I don't know when the episode airs, but it was the quickest shoot i've ever been on.  I was there for 30 minutes.  In and out and got a waiver plus SAG wage.  You really can't ask for anything better than that.

So after I was done..I wandered around for a little bit..

This is a morgue set, i believe.  So very cool to see.  An entire room built inside a huge soundstage.



And here is a shot of the very same morgue, from the outside.


And here is the main hallway that connects all the soundstages, Damages, to Unusuals, etc.  Cool to just wander down.


So the travel time to get to and from the shoot took longer than the shoot itself.  But in the end, I am now the proud owner of 2...count 'em, 2 SAG waivers.  1 more to go and then I can shell out tons of cash to get paid higher wages.  And then?  The moon!

It was very fun to just wander around, not something i think they let most people do, but I got to see the inner workings and goings on of a movie studio.  Lots of random people running around with rolls of tape.  And framed pictures of past films like Maid in Manhattan.  Quality stuff there.


4 comments:

  1. Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I'm jealous, so let me get this straight. In order to get a SAG waiver or voucher you have to be in a SAG production AND be getting paid SAG wages? I'm doing SAG background work tomorrow but getting the nonunion rate. Does this mean no waiver? And what are the number of reasons a non-union would get treated as union?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I somehow missed this comment. If you're still reading. I've done a few posts on how to get a SAG waiver and join the union. here is the link:
    http://starvingartistslife.blogspot.com/2010/12/sag-waivers-vouchers-and-union-joys.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. NIW

    ReplyDelete